MEET THE TEAM
01986 895375 / 07825187488
D-Way Travel Taxi & Coach Hire Terms & Conditions
1. Application: These conditions apply whether a contract has been made verbally or in writing.
2. Quotations: Quotations are made subject to a vehicle suiting the hirer's requirements being available at the time of acceptance. Quotations are based on costs prevailing at the time and in accordance with details provided by the hirer. Quotations are valid for 28 days from issue or a date specified. Unless otherwise stated, admission charges, and parking charges at events etc. are not included.
3. Use of the Vehicle: Unless previously agreed by the Company, the vehicle is not available for the use of the Hirer other than for journeys and times stated at the time of quote.
4. Driver's hours and rest periods: The hours agreed with the Company for the operation of any hire(s) must be observed (other than in the case of serious emergency or diversion) so that current regulations governing driver's hours and rest periods may be complied with. The company reserves the right to curtail or otherwise alter any hire, which does not comply with the relevant regulations.
5. Seating Capacity: Not more than the maximum number of passengers indicated may be carried on each vehicle.
6. Confirmation: You would need to initially confirm by telephone, giving your full contact details together with your hire requirements and afterwards follow up with your deposit (if requested). Normally written confirmation by the company is the only basis for the acceptance of hiring or subsequent alteration in its terms.
Any alteration by the hirer after the quotation is given and accepted, unless minimal, may incur extra charges. D-Way Travel shall decide if the alteration is minimal or not.
7. Payment: Any requested deposit must be paid by the time stated, and payment in full must be made by the start of the hire unless the Company has agreed in writing to allow credit. The Company reserves the right to add interest at a rate of 2% compound interest per calendar month, after the date by which payment should have been paid. We accept Cash, Debit / Credit card, Bankers draft; Bank transfer (preferred) or cheque which must be with us a MINIMUM of seven days prior to travel to allow for bank clearance.
8. Cancellation by Hirer: In the event of cancellation by the Hirer, the Company reserve the right to retain any deposit. The Hirer shall be liable to the Company for any losses incurred by the Company as a result of the cancellation but not exceeding the full amount of the full cost of the hiring.
9. Cancellation by the Company: In the event of any emergency or force majeure or of any action by the Hirer to vary the agreed conditions unilaterally, the Company may, by returning all monies paid and without further or other liability, cancel the contract.
10. Route and time variation: Should a vehicle be detained by the Hirer (after 5 minutes a £1 per minute charge will be imposed), or taken on a longer journey than the contracted journey, the Company reserves the right to make an additional charge commensurate with the costs incurred. During the hiring, the driver must be the judge of any request for a change of route or time. In any event, when the vehicle(s) departs at the agreed time the Company will not be liable for any loss or injury sustained by a passenger failing to join the vehicle at the appointed time.
11. Change of vehicle: The Company reserves the right to provide a larger vehicle than the specified but at no additional charge unless any of the extra seats are used. The Company reserves the right to substitute other vehicles of similar quality including those of other operators, for all or part of the hiring.
12. Breakdowns and delays: The Company gives its advice on journey times in good faith but does not guarantee the completion of any journey at a specific time and will not be liable for loss or inconvenience caused by unexpected breakdown or other delay.
13. Passengers' property: Unless previously agreed with the Company, the driver has discretion as to carriage of passengers' luggage and its storage. All baggage over 25Kg must be handled by the customer. The Company will not accept liability for any damage to or loss of any property which belongs to the passengers and is left in a vehicle. All articles of lost property recovered from a vehicle will be held at the depot at which the vehicle is based. and no items should be left on seats or in racks when the vehicle is unattended.
14 Conduct of passengers: The driver is responsible for the safety of the vehicle. Any passengers whose conduct is in breach of statutory regulations may be removed on the driver's authority. The Hirer will be held responsible for the conduct of all passengers and for any damage caused to the vehicle by passengers during the hiring. Soiling of seats or carpets through alcohol induced vomiting will carry a surcharge of £65 payable by the hirer. The company will not accept liability for damage or loss to any passenger entering or leaving the vehicle whilst in motion.
15 Refreshments: Under no circumstances may alcoholic drinks be carried or consumed on the vehicle without the advance permission of the Company. It is also illegal to carry or consume alcoholic drinks on a coach proceeding to or from designated sporting events and permission cannot be given in this case.
Other than on a vehicle fitted expressly for the purpose, food and drink, except for small items of confectionery (such as sweets and chocolate), may be consumed on the vehicle without the prior agreement of the Company or the driver.
16 Driver's working/rest period regulations: The Hirer undertakes to abide by all statutory requirements and regulations which may in any way affect the journey in question and especially the regulations in respect of Driver's Hours. Drivers are familiar with these regulations and whilst they will conform with reasonable requests of passengers (as to the reasonableness of which the driver alone shall be the judge) they will as far as circumstances permit, depart from the destination or from intermediate stopping places at times agreed beforehand (or specified by the driver) and to ensure compliance with the regulations will on no account wait for members of the party who may have failed to join the vehicle at the time appointed. The Company declines liability for loss, inconvenience or damage arising from failure to convey any such member of the party.
17 English Law: Orders are only accepted in that the law of England shall apply to the contract arising from such an order and to the determination of the rights and liabilities of the respective parties and in that no action or other proceedings shall be brought by either party in relation to such contract except in a Court of competent jurisdiction in England.
18 Insurance: All Hirers and individual passengers are recommended to obtain insurance for those items where save for the negligence, the Company's liability is limited (such as delay or luggage).
19 Football matches: Alcohol is prohibited on coaches carrying passengers to and from designated sporting events. In addition, the Police have issued guidelines for operators to adhere to when carrying supporters to and from football matches. Please consult the Company regarding these guidelines, if applicable.